RHYTHMS OF GRACE
Morning – Prepare (10 minutes)
- Ask God for His help and presence as you read and pray (15 seconds)
- Read a Psalm (If you already have a Bible reading plan you use just stick with it and insert it here. For a list of Psalms see below) (3 minutes)
- Pick the one phrase that stands out to you and meditate on it for two minutes and throughout the day. (2 minutes)
- Think about God, to praise or thank Him
- Think about your sin, to confess and repent
- Think about a need, to ask God to meet it
- Reflect on how this would change your life if you took it seriously. Why might God be showing this to you? (2 minutes)
- Read back through the Psalm and pray for yourself and others in response to it. Don’t over think it. You don’t have to pray in response to every word or verse. Just pray for what the Psalm prompts you to think about. (3 minutes)
- You may want to conclude with the Lord’s prayer.
Midday – Repair (5 minutes)
- Acknowledge God and ask for an awareness of His presence.
- Recall something you read this morning.
- Consider how the day is unfolding.
- Where are you feeling anxious? Angry? Thankful? Etc.
- Confess your need for God’s continuing grace, give thanks for what He has already provided.
Evening – Care (5 minutes)
- Quiet yourself and ask the Holy Spirit to remind you of blessed moments throughout the day.
- Review your day from the point of waking up in the morning until bedtime, paying attention for moments or events for which you can be thankful. Nothing is too small, ordinary, or mundane to be thankful for.
- As you think of these things express thanks to God for them.
“Blessed are those...who delight in the law of the Lord and meditate on his law day and night. They are like a tree planted by streams of water, which yields its fruit in season and whose leaf does not whither–whatever they do prospers.” (Psalm 1:1-3)