Redeemer Church Lead Pastor
Are you a pastor with the desire to lead and journey with a community learning to love God, love people, and love the city in which they reside? Do you possess a joy and a gifting to teach God’s word, especially the story of the gospel? Does an approach to worship that blends rich tradition with contemporary components appeal to you?
Redeemer Presbyterian Church is in search of a Lead Pastor to serve and shepherd God’s people. The critical components of the role include a devotion to prayer for and with the church, providing counseling and discipleship to the congregation, facilitating a meaningful Sunday worship service, and teaching God’s word in an engaging manner.
The ideal candidate will earnestly seek to discern where God is at work and encourage the people of Redeemer to participate and respond appropriately, effectively lead staff and volunteers, and ensure the necessary administrative tasks entailed with the operation of a church are accomplished.
- Continually grow in the character prerequisites of an elder listed in 1 Timothy 3 & Titus 1
- Ordained by the Presbyterian Church in America
- Masters of Divinity
- At least 3 years of experience as pastor or leader in a ministry context
- Pray for and with the congregation
- Preach and teach God’s Word with great care, skill and authenticity
- Shepherd, love, and counsel the people of Redeemer
- Encourage a pattern of rich worship life, including leading meaningful Sunday worship
- Develop a vision and set the direction for the church in unison with the elders
- Lead and develop staff, volunteers and other church leaders
- Oversee and delegate administrative responsibilities
- Other duties and responsibilities consistent with the position as lead pastor
- A deep and noticeable love for Christ, His kingdom and gospel
- Lifelong learner desiring to grow in theological understanding and skill
- Aware of cultural influences and the counter-cultural realities of the gospel on our society
- Committed to the local church’s relationship with the greater community
- Adept at developing and growing the church’s culture
- A strong desire and ability to balance the demands of a pastor with commitment to family and health
- To apply please send your Ministry Data Form, resume, cover letter, and three sermons to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Learn more about Redeemer by taking a look at our church profile form.